The National Cooperative Business Association CLUSA International (NCBA CLUSA) is the trade association for cooperative businesses in the United States and an international development organization. NCBA CLUSA provides cross-sector education, technical assistance, and advocacy that helps co-ops thrive. For nearly 100 years, NCBA CLUSA has sought to advance and protect cooperative enterprises, highlighting the impact that cooperatives have in bettering the lives of individuals and families. In the last 60 years, NCBA CLUSA has worked in over 100 countries in the areas of food security, agricultural development, strengthening of communities and farmer organizations, community-based health, natural resources management, and empowerment of smallholder farmers, women, and youth. We currently work in 15 countries in Africa, Latin America, and Asia.
NCBA CLUSA is currently seeking a qualified candidate for the positon of Cooperative Business Policy Specialist to support NCBA CLUSA’s Farmer to Farmer Project, based in Antananarivo, Madagascar. The Cooperative Business Policy Specialist provides training to the “Ministry of Industry and Development of the Private Sector of Madagascar”, which is in charge of developing and implementing the policies for the development of the industry and the private sector, including business cooperatives.
ESSENTIAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Train 20 staffs of the Ministry of Industry and Development of the Private Sector and its partners on cooperative business legal framework
- Assessment of the current law, decree and policy for cooperative business in Madagascar;
- Prepare a future placement in support to the Ministry of Industry and Development of the Private Sector to create their policy and national strategy on cooperative business.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
- Knowledge of Cooperative Business, policies and legal framework, ideally with NCBA.
- Highly proficient in French language
- Familiarity with cooperatives and membership organizations
- Capacity in training;
- US citizen or green card holder