The National Cooperative Business Association CLUSA International (NCBA CLUSA) is the trade association for cooperative businesses in the United States and an international development organization. NCBA CLUSA provides cross-sector education, technical assistance, and advocacy that helps co-ops thrive. For nearly 100 years, NCBA CLUSA has sought to advance and protect cooperative enterprises, highlighting the impact that cooperatives have in bettering the lives of individuals and families. In the last 60 years, NCBA CLUSA has worked in over 100 countries in the areas of food security, agricultural development, strengthening of communities and farmer organizations, community-based health, natural resources management, and empowerment of smallholder farmers, women, and youth. We currently work in 15 countries in Africa, Latin America, and Asia.
NCBA CLUSA is currently seeking a qualified candidate for the positon of Composting and Conservation Agriculture Specialist to support NCBA CLUSA’s Farmer to Farmer Project, based in Senegal. The Composting and Conservation Agriculture Specialist provides training to women’s groups.
ESSENTIAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- OBJECTIVE 1: The volunteer will provide theoretical training on the necessity and importance of composting and conservation agriculture techniques.
- OBJECTIVE 2: The volunteer will provide a series of trainings to instruct women how to produce and use compost.
- OBEJCTIVE 3: The volunteer will provide a practical training on conservation agriculture techniques and its advantages.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
- Knowledge of Composting and Conservation agriculture
- Familiarity with cooperatives and membership organizations
- Capacity in training;
- US citizen or green card holder