Purchasing cooperatives have become an essential tool for many businesses and organizations. Purchasing cooperatives help members improve their competitiveness, and leverage their combined purchasing volumes into savings and efficiencies. In this four-part educational series, co-op developers will learn the strategies and the development process for starting a purchasing cooperative.
Attendees will learn how to:
- Recognize the benefits of purchasing cooperatives
- Define the types of cooperative purchasing
- Define key factors in the feasibility of purchasing cooperatives
- Understand major steps in starting a purchasing cooperative
Part 4: Starting a Purchasing Cooperative
- Major steps in starting a purchasing co-op
- Technology strategy
- Lisa Stolarski - Executive Director, Co-ops USA, National Cooperative Business Association
- Ian Gray - President, Buying Group Services, Inc.
- Don Collyard - Principal, Main Street Cooperative Group
- Greg Dinsdale – President & CEO, LBMX
Who Should Attend
- Cooperative Developers
- Individuals interested in learning about purchasing cooperatives