The National Cooperative Business Association CLUSA International (NCBA CLUSA) is the trade association for cooperative businesses in the United States and an international development organization. NCBA CLUSA provides cross-sector education, technical assistance, and advocacy that helps co-ops thrive. For nearly 100 years, NCBA CLUSA has sought to advance and protect cooperative enterprises, highlighting the impact that cooperatives have in bettering the lives of individuals and families. In the last 60 years, NCBA CLUSA has worked in over 100 countries in the areas of food security, agricultural development, strengthening of communities and farmer organizations, community-based health, natural resources management, and empowerment of smallholder farmers, women, and youth. We currently work in 21 countries in Africa, Latin America, Caribbean, and Asia.
NCBA CLUSA is currently seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for the USDA Food for Progress proposal in Latin America.
ESSENTIAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Serve as NCBA CLUSA’s LAC representative by establishing and/or maintaining excellent working relationships with donors, government officials at all levels, the private sector, the customers of the project, suppliers, bi-lateral and multi-lateral agencies, and other rural and financial development practitioners;
- Serve as the project’s main contact point with USDA;
- Maintain constant communications with the home office, reporting on implementation progress and challenges encountered;
- Recruit, train, and motivate top professional talent within Latin America;
- Design, negotiate, and execute annual project work plans;
- Oversee project monitoring, reporting and evaluation, including participating in the design of PMP and M&E system;
- Manage internal controls, policies and procedures that are in-line with US Government and NCBA CLUSA compliance regulations;
- Provide leadership, advice, and mentoring of support staff and project partners;
- Contribute to new business opportunities intelligence gathering, designing technical approaches, and proposal writing;
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree required in Agribusiness, Economics, Business or related field, Master’s degree preferred;
- Minimum 12 years’ experience in LAC; strong knowledge of local political institutions and culture:
- Minimum 12 years’ experience implementing USG project, preferably in coffee and cacao value chains, agricultural production, marketing and/or development; and the cooperative sectors;
- Proven ability to develop systems for project and program design;
- Excellent leadership and management skills, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent ability to read, write and speak English and Spanish.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
If interested in this position apply here!
NCBA CLUSA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, and legally protected characteristics for non-merit factors.