The National Cooperative Business Association CLUSA International (NCBA CLUSA) is the trade association for cooperative businesses in the United States and an international development organization. NCBA CLUSA provides cross-sector education, technical assistance, and advocacy that helps co-ops thrive. For nearly 100 years, NCBA CLUSA has sought to advance and protect cooperative enterprises, highlighting the impact that cooperatives have in bettering the lives of individuals and families. In the last 60 years, NCBA CLUSA has worked in over 100 countries in the areas of food security, agricultural development, strengthening of communities and farmer organizations, community-based health, natural resources management, and empowerment of smallholder farmers, women, and youth. We currently work in 21 countries in Africa, Latin America, Caribbean, and Asia.
NCBA CLUSA is currently seeking a qualified candidates for the position of Chief of Party for anticipated international development projects.
NCBA CLUSA is currently seeking a qualified candidate for the positon of Smallholder/Livelihood Expert for an anticipated USAID-funded integrated nutrition, agriculture, and WASH project in Zambia. The project will have focus on integrated interventions to reduce stunting, improve the nutritional status of children under five, increase dietary diversity in children 6-23 months, increase household incomes, and increase women’s empowerment. The Smallholder/Livelihood Expert will directly report to the DCOP in activity implementation and management and they will be responsible for sectoral leadership in agronomy.
ESSENTIAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Provide technical leadership in the areas of smallholder agriculture and improving livelihoods at the household and community levels;
- Facilitate the development of inclusive supply chains linking producers to markets in Zambia and the region
- Oversee the implementation of smallholder agronomy and livelihood activities as stipulated in the menu of activities and give guidance on how they will be implemented to achieve results
- Work to increase women’s production of diverse, nutrient-dense foods that are consumed at home
- Oversee capture of data on indicators and to identify best practices and lessons learned related to smallholder and livelihood project activities as required by the cooperative agreement with USAID;
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES:
- Master’s Degree required in a related field of study
- Demonstrated progressive experience with increasing responsibility focused in the area of smallholder agriculture and improving livelihoods;
- Demonstrated progressive experience in providing technical expertise to host government(s) for the areas of agriculture and livelihoods activities that focus on household and community levels
- Experience integrating gender mainstreaming activities through program interventions;
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at a functional and strategic level;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Excellent computer skills (Outlook, Word, Excel);
- Fluency in English required.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
If interested in this position apply here!
NCBA CLUSA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, and legally protected characteristics for non-merit factors.