The National Cooperative Business Association CLUSA International (NCBA CLUSA) is the trade association for cooperative businesses in the United States and an international development organization. NCBA CLUSA provides cross-sector education, technical assistance, and advocacy that helps co-ops thrive. For nearly 100 years, NCBA CLUSA has sought to advance and protect cooperative enterprises, highlighting the impact that cooperatives have in bettering the lives of individuals and families. In the last 60 years, NCBA CLUSA has worked in over 100 countries in the areas of food security, agricultural development, strengthening of communities and farmer organizations, community-based health, natural resources management, and empowerment of smallholder farmers, women, and youth. We currently work in 21 countries in Africa, Latin America, Caribbean, and Asia.
NCBA CLUSA is currently seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Food Security Technical Coordinator to be based in Burkina Faso and to ensure technical quality and cohesion in an anticipated USAID Food for Peace (FFP) Development Food Security Activity (DFSA) program. Reporting to the Chief of Party, the Technical Coordinator serves as the DCoP and food security technical lead for the USAID Food for Peace (FFP) Development Food Security Activity (DFSA) program. The DCoP/Coordinator will supervise a broad range of food security activities in country. The position requires close cooperation with the government of Burkina Faso, partner NGOs and key stakeholders, as well as with the donor. This position will be based in Ouagadougou, with frequent travel to project areas.
ESSENTIAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Management experience in broad spectrum of food security technical focus areas, such as WASH, climate change/disaster risk reduction, livelihoods (farm and/or non-farm), maternal and child health and nutrition, or community resilience;
- Establish and manage systems to ensure cohesion across all technical sectors;
- Ensure technical interventions are integrated, layered and sequenced appropriately at all levels of implementation within the FFP activity, and USAID and RISE 2 investments;
- Ensure quality control for technically rigorous, food security integration and amongst all partners.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
- An advanced degree (PhD or Master’s) plus a minimum of five years directly relevant experience is required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience in managing the programmatic, finance and administration elements of complex international development projects.
- Demonstrated experience developing and ensuring quality control for technically rigorous, food security integration and collaboration programming.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with host governments, donors, other donor-funded projects and stakeholders, local organizations, and partners.
- Understanding and demonstrated commitment to the importance of cross-cutting approaches such as gender and youth issues in food security programming, and social accountability and governance.
- Fluency in English and French are required. This includes excellent oral and written English language skills, including the ability to quickly synthesize complex technical and programmatic issues into concise communications and develop high quality reports.
- Experience working within the Francophone West African/Sahel development context is an advantage.
- Computer literate in use of word-processing and spreadsheets; experience in statistical software, data analysis and interpretation.
- Ability to travel extensively within the country and internationally, as required and as security permits.
- An ability to work in challenging and changing environments, and to see through challenges to find solutions; an ability to maintain balance when under stress.
- Demonstrable respect for all persons regardless of religion, ethnicity, class or gender, with a high comfort level working in a diverse environment with a demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
If interested in this position APPLY HERE.
NCBA CLUSA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, and legally protected characteristics for non-merit factors.