The National Cooperative Business Association CLUSA International (NCBA CLUSA) is the trade association for cooperative businesses in the United States and an international development organization. NCBA CLUSA provides cross-sector education, technical assistance, and advocacy that helps co-ops thrive. For nearly 100 years, NCBA CLUSA has sought to advance and protect cooperative enterprises, highlighting the impact that cooperatives have in bettering the lives of individuals and families. In the last 60 years, NCBA CLUSA has worked in over 100 countries in the areas of food security, agricultural development, strengthening of communities and farmer organizations, community-based health, natural resources management, and empowerment of smallholder farmers, women, and youth. We currently work in 21 countries in Africa, Latin America, Caribbean, and Asia.
NCBA CLUSA is currently seeking a qualified candidate for the positon of Food Security Technical Coordinator for an anticipated five-year USAID-funded Development Food Security Program in Niger. The goal is to sustainably improve food and nutrition security and resilience among extremely poor and chronically vulnerable households and communities in the selected regions.
ESSENTIAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Ensure technical interventions are integrated, layered and sequenced appropriately at all levels of implementation within the FFP activity, and USAID and RISE 2 investments.
- Establish an integration framework such that all sectoral interventions and thematic areas and approaches align at the household and community levels to maximize food security impacts. This applies not only to technical sectors such as agricultural livelihoods, non-agricultural livelihoods, nutrition, maternal-child health, and WASH, but also to cross-cutting considerations and program approaches such as gender, youth, social cohesion, resilience, and social accountability.
- Create, and monitor the use of, tools to ensure integration, cohesion, and alignment with food security and nutrition security and resilience best practices. Train and coach team members in the use of the same.
- Establish a layering and sequencing plan to ensure that each activity in the intervention is timed and implemented in a way that builds towards overall desired food and nutrition security and resilience impacts. Assist in the management of activities to achieve this layering and sequencing plan. Ensure that non-program activities and investments in the intervention area are considered, and that appropriate linkages are created.
- Assist the CoP in overall program quality assurance, and the MEAL Manager in the measurement of the program impacts.
- Lead the documentation and dissemination of information regarding program practices and outcomes.
- Ensure that program team members are provided with learning opportunities that support the technical quality of field interventions.
- Provide day to day assistance, guidance and support to these team leaders to ensure quality implementation and integration.
- Lead the technical aspects of routine and ad hoc program reporting.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
- An advanced degree (PhD or Master’s) plus a minimum of five years relevant experience is required
- Specific technical expertise in a broad spectrum of food security focus areas with responsibility for establishing and managing systems to ensure cohesion across all technical sectors in the application
- Demonstrated experience developing - and ensuring quality control for - technically rigorous, food security integration and collaboration.
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently.
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills in French and English; knowledge of local languages is an asset.
- Strong tool/ curriculum development and training skills.
- Demonstrated experience with food security-related MEAL tools, best practices and analytics required.
To apply please submit a recent copy of your CV and 1420 Biodata Form. This will be a contract position pending award from USAID. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
If interested in this position APPLY HERE.
NCBA CLUSA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, and legally protected characteristics for non-merit factors.