The National Cooperative Business Association CLUSA International (NCBA CLUSA) is the primary voice for people who use cooperative businesses to build a better world and a more inclusive economy in the United States and an international development organization. NCBA CLUSA provides cross-sector education, technical assistance, and advocacy that helps co-ops thrive. For over 100 years, NCBA CLUSA has sought to advance and protect cooperative enterprises, highlighting the impact that cooperatives have in bettering the lives of individuals and families. In the last 60 years, NCBA CLUSA has worked in over 85 countries in the areas of food security, agricultural development, strengthening of communities and farmer organizations, community-based health, natural resources management, and empowerment of smallholder farmers, women, and youth. We currently work in in Africa, Latin America, and Asia.
SCOPE AND PURPOSE:
This position is responsible for delivering effective solution-oriented HR services across the organization. This mid-level level professional position supports the HR Team with recruitment, compensation, benefits, compliance, employee relations, and strategy.
ESSENTIAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Develops job descriptions and drafts market analyses. Analyzes compensation for new positions and promoted staff, with emphasis on the integration of external and internal pay equity.
- Advises hiring managers on a recruitment and selection strategy; Interviews, screens and recruits job applicants for temporary, clerical, technical, administrative and professional level positions throughout the company including long-term overseas assignments;
- Negotiates and prepares offer letters;
- Conducts candidate reference checks, verifies salary and work history;
- Completes, audits and maintains employment verification (I-9, Visas, etc.).
- Conducts new hire orientation and provides onboarding support to new employees;
- Trains and advises staff on policies and procedures related to Human Resources;
- Manages employee issues and ensures effective problem resolutions;
- Conducts exit interviews, analyzes data, and makes recommendations to Human Resources.
- Assists in administration of the HR Applicant Tracking System and the HR Information System.
- Assist in administering employee benefits programs for Domestic, Expatriate and Third Country National employees. Counsels employees on benefits issues and assists in resolving problems in claims administration including medical, dental, vision, short-term (STD)and long-term disability (LTD), and leave associated with DC Family and Medical Leave Act (DCFMLA);
- Assists with data collection for employment and various ad hoc reports to provide current personnel information to HR Management team for presentations or audits such as the annual retirement audit, or company audit.
- Assist with the completion and collection of various surveys (compensation, benefits, employee engagement, etc.) and performance review, including the tracking of completed reviews, sending reminder notifications to delinquent managers and filing of documents in the appropriate personnel records;
- Provides counseling to staff on Human Resources policies and procedures; manages employee issues ensuring effective problem resolution;
- Recommends procedures, policies, and solutions for improvement based on company’s needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES:
- BS/BA in Human Resources, or related field, and a minimum of 4 years of Human Resources experience including 2 years of recruiting.
- Proven success in identifying/hiring technical experts.
- Strong time management skills -- the ability to organize, prioritize assignments and successfully manage multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a high volume of work with a high level of data integrity.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills. Demonstrated ability to prepare analytical and HR metric reports.
- Strong problem analysis and problem resolution skills at a both a functional and strategic level.
- Sound judgment with ability to make timely decisions, exercise discretion and maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills and business literacy.
- Strong team player with ability to establish effective working relationships.
- Current knowledge of U.S. government federal contracting rules and regulations, including USAID and USDA preferred.
- Commitment to company mission, vision, principles, and values.
- Computer skills (Outlook, Word, Excel); ADP HRIS/Payroll or other HRIS experience desired;
- Ability to read, write, and speak English. Fluency in a second language preferred (Spanish, French, Portuguese) desired.
- Experience living or working in developing countries preferred.
To perform this job successfully the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
None required. PHR or SHRM-CP preferred.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where complex tasks are necessary.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to write or type, use arms to reach for items and turn head to speak and/or hear others. The employee will frequently walk, reach, stoop, push and pull up to 20 lbs. and lift up to 10 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and should remain low to moderate during normal business hours. The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job within an office setting. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
This position reports to the Human Resources Director and works closely with the Human Resources Team. S/he is expected to work in a positive, professional manner with all NCBA CLUSA staff, former staff, members, potential members, vendors and the public.
For the ease of completing your application Google Chrome or Firefox are the recommended browsers.
To apply, click here. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
NCBA CLUSA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, and legally protected characteristics for non-merit factors.
NCBA CLUSA is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in all facets of employment, including the employment application and selection process. If you have a disability that affects your ability to use our online system to apply for a position at NCBA CLUSA, please send an email to Misti French or call 202.638.6222.