The National Cooperative Business Association CLUSA International (NCBA CLUSA) is the trade association for cooperative businesses in the United States and an international development organization. NCBA CLUSA provides cross-sector education, technical assistance, and advocacy that helps co-ops thrive. For over 100 years, NCBA CLUSA has sought to advance and protect cooperative enterprises, highlighting the impact that cooperatives have in bettering the lives of individuals and families. In the last 65 years, NCBA CLUSA has worked in over 100 countries in the areas of food security, agricultural development, strengthening of communities and farmer organizations, community-based health, natural resources management, and empowerment of smallholder farmers, women, and youth. We currently work in 15 countries in Africa, Latin America, and Asia.
NCBA CLUSA is currently seeking a qualified candidate for a Business Development Associate opportunity, located in Washington D.C. The Business Development Associate (BDA) is responsible for administrative, logistical, financial, and programmatic support activities required for the successful execution of new business initiatives. The BDA works closely with the NCBA CLUSA International Business Development Team to assist in managing the proposal process including section writing. This position will support the organization and administration of the Business Development Unit, and will support quality control processes for proposals. The position is also responsible for ensuring Business Development materials are updated with the latest data from the field and supporting the team in accessing up to date knowledge of new business opportunities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain up to date information on current and past projects including maintenance of a PPR tracking and organization system
- Manage, refine, and update the Business Development Team’s marketing and corporate capabilities materials, including project profiles, and make them readily available to all staff
- Will interact with clients, partners and donors, at events, conferences and other functions, as well as, via email and phone, requiring the utilization of his/her best judgement in representing NCBA CLUSA
- Support proposal management and its consistency. This includes organizing the entire scope of proposal documents and folders in the share drive with a consistent and clear naming system; ensuring all proposal documents are formatted per set standards
- Final formatting of proposals, developing graphics to represent proposal concepts and themes
- Ensure all proposal documents are formatted, edited for quality and submitted in compliance with donor requirements.
- Conduct and support other research, business development, and administrative tasks as determined
- Bachelor’s degree in International Development, Economics or related field or pursuing Master’s Degree
- Solid writing and organization skills
- Exceptional attention to detail is required
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines in a highly effective and collegial manner.
- Experience studying, working, or traveling in developing countries is considered advantageous.
Please be advised that, in order to access the Applicant System, you must use one of the following browsers:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11
- Microsoft Edge
- Google Chrome 50.0 and higher
- Safari 8.x or Safari 9.0
If interested in this position APPLY HERE. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
NCBA CLUSA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, and legally protected characteristics for non-merit factors.