Celebrating 100 years of supporting cooperatives that build a better world, the National Cooperative Business Association CLUSA International (NCBA CLUSA) is the apex association for cooperative businesses in the United States and an international development organization. NCBA CLUSA provides cross-sector support, advocacy and international development that helps co-ops thrive. NCBA CLUSA continues to advance and protect cooperative enterprises, highlighting the impact that cooperatives have in bettering the lives of individuals and families. In the last 60 years, NCBA CLUSA has worked in over 85 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America.
NCBA CLUSA is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Chief of Party (COP) to support NCBA CLUSA’s team based in Guatemala City, Guatemala. The COP is leading the implementation of the USAID-funded nutrition-focused Cooperative Development Program III (CDP III), that aims to increase protein intake of rural households in the Western Highlands (San Marcos, Totonicapán, and Quiche) and addresses nutrition deficiencies in women and children under five years primarily through animal husbandry resources and training.
The COP directs and oversees the CDP III Guatemala project. This position ensures the project is implemented with high quality in accordance with NCBA CLUSA’s international program management standards and with its technical approach and principles. S/he will ensure that NCBA CLUSA’s values, methodology and approaches are being uniformly implemented throughout the project. As the head administrator for the project, the COP directs all in-country activities and is the primary point of contact for the project donor, USAID Guatemala. The COP ensures optimal strategic direction and achievement of program objectives for NCBA CLUSA as well as compliance with NCBA CLUSA program quality standards and U.S. government administrative and financial requirements.
ESSENTIAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Provides overall strategic, technical, and programmatic leadership;
- Leads and directs project team;
- Oversees the project budget and all project financial resources with the Director of Finance and Administration;
- Manages project communications, broad dissemination of experiences and results, including compliance with NCBA CLUSA and donor requirements;
- Serves as the formal representative to donors, alliance partners, host government and private sector stakeholders;
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master’s degree in Agricultural Economics, Economics, Business, International Development or another related discipline;
- Minimum of ten years of direct relevant experience managing a multi-year program (typically USAID-funded), preferably in the areas of food security and agriculture, economic growth, cooperative enterprises, and other community-based development;
- Minimum of six years supervising technical and support staff in international development programs;
- Expertise in Organization Development, Institutional Capacity Building, Agribusiness Management or Marketing; ability to design systems for project or design project;
- Proven ability for strategic thinking and planning capacity to support five-to ten-year organizational plans and trends in development initiatives;
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others;
- Extensive knowledge of USAID donor rules, regulations, and processes;
- Skills in problem analysis and problem resolution at a functional and strategic level;
- Commitment to company mission, vision, principles, and values;
- Strong knowledge of regional and local political institutions, socio-economic environment and culture;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Fluency in country language(s) is required;
- Excellent computer skills (Outlook, Word, Excel);
- Ability to travel to field sites 20% of the year.
If interested in this position APPLY HERE. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Please be advised that, in order to access the Applicant System, you must use one of the following browsers:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11
- Microsoft Edge
- Google Chrome 50.0 and higher
- Safari 8.x or Safari 9.0
NCBA CLUSA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, and legally protected characteristics for non-merit factors.