Shared Capital Cooperative
Shared Capital Cooperative is a cooperatively owned community-development loan fund committed to fostering a just, equitable and democratic economy by investing in the development and growth of cooperative enterprises. A federally certified Community Development Finance Institution (CDFI), Shared Capital provides financing for cooperative businesses and affordable housing. Shared Capital is democratically owned and governed by more than 225 cooperatives in 35 states, including consumer, producer, housing and worker-owned cooperatives. Since its founding in 1978, Shared Capital has originated nearly $50 million in cooperative financing.
Job Title: Member Outreach and Engagement Coordinator
Job Location: (city, state) St. Paul, MN
We are seeking a Member Outreach and Engagement Coordinator to help advance Shared Capital’s work. The Member Outreach and Engagement Coordinator is a new position and reports to the Executive Director. The position is expected to deliver the following results:
- Provide consistent and excellent customer service to members, investors and partners, including managing member and investor communications and follow-up.
- Develop and implement compelling opportunities to engage members and others in our work, including coordinating the annual general membership meeting.
- Develop and manage effective marketing and outreach tools, including social media, website, newsletters and annual reports.
- Provide logistical support and coordination for the volunteer Board of Directors and Committees to support their smooth functioning and engagement.
- Work with staff and board to enhance the communicating the organization’s vision and brand to multiple audiences, including current and potential members, investors and partners.
The Member Outreach and Engagement Coordinator job description is as follows:
Marketing and Social Media
- Serve as the organization’s brand champion, communicating the brand and maintaining compliance with style guide and core messaging.
- Manage the development and production of marketing materials, including the Annual Report.
- Manage the development and distribution of a regular electronic newsletter to share stories about our work with our members and partners.
- Maintain a compelling, up to date website.
- Manage a strong organizational presence on social media including sharing and developing original content.
- Lead the planning and coordination of the Annual General Membership Meeting and other events.
- Work with design firm to develop advertisements and advertising campaigns as needed.
Member and Investor Relations
- Deliver consistent and excellent customer service to members, investors and partners.
- Act as the first line of response to inquiries and requests for information from members and the general public.
- Manage timely regular mailings to members and investors, including board elections and voting.
- Develop tools and strategies to recruit new members and engage current members in our work.
- Provide administrative support to the membership and investment programs, including processing new members and investors and maintaining accurate investor files.
- Provide support to fund raising and capitalization efforts, including assisting with preparation of grant and investment applications, as requested.
- Prepare annual progress reports to funders and investors.
Board and Volunteer Coordination and Engagement
- Support the smooth functioning of the board of directors and committees by providing logistical and administrative support, including scheduling, reminders, distributing materials, coordinating conference calls, preparing refreshments, etc.
- Take notes and prepare minutes for the Board of Directors meetings, and other committees as assigned.
- Maintain Board and Committee Minutes binder with all approved minutes.
- Maintain policy manuals, including tracking approved policy changes.
- Recruit volunteer and interns.
Requirements and Qualifications:
The successful candidate will be a person with the following traits and qualifications:
- Demonstrated strong customer service skills and experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Be self-directed and able to effectively organize priorities and manage multiple projects
- Have a strong interest in social and economic justice
- 3-5 years of customer service experience
- Member engagement and outreach experience
- Marketing experience in one or more of the following: social media marketing, messaging, website development, advertising and public relations
- Newsletter writing and editing experience
- Event planning and coordination experience
- BA or higher in related field
- Knowledge of and/or experience with cooperatives and/or CDFIs
Organization's Website: http://sharedcapital.coop