If interested in this position APPLY HERE.
Celebrating 100 years of supporting cooperatives that build a better world, the National Cooperative Business Association CLUSA International (NCBA CLUSA) is the primary voice for cooperative businesses in the United States and an international development organization. NCBA CLUSA provides cross-sector support, advocacy and international development that helps co-ops thrive. NCBA CLUSA continues to advance and protect cooperative enterprises, highlighting the impact that cooperatives have in bettering the lives of individuals and families. In the last 60 years, NCBA CLUSA has worked in over 85 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. NCBA CLUSA International is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Office Manager for our Washington, D.C. location.
Scope and Purpose:
The Office Manager is responsible organizing and coordinating office operations and procedures to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency. The Office Manager position is responsible for overall front office activities, including the reception area, mail, large purchasing requests and facilities. This position will also be responsible for directing and coordinating office services and related activities, including logistics for all conferences, Board of Directors’ meetings and other corporate events. This position will develop and supervise programs for maximum utilization of services and equipment and will be responsible for arranging internal office moves and providing arrangements for office meetings. This position will report to the Vice president of Systems and Finance.
ESSENTIAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages and coordinates overall administrative and staff activities for the office.
- Provides the necessary guidance and support for all conferences, meetings (Board and otherwise) and events including catering and equipment.
- Manages contract and price negotiations with office vendors and service providers.
- Maintains office efficiency through planning and implementing office systems, equipment procurement and housekeeping of office facilities.
- Maintains records of alteration of office layout and equipment.
- Serves as the point of contact with security consultant in coordinating, communicating, maintaining and enforcing headquarters security protocols including security manuals and drills.
- Develops an organized and efficient requisition system for office equipment, maintenance and supply procurement,
- Negotiates the purchase of office supplies and furniture, office equipment, etc., in accordance with company purchasing policies and budgetary restrictions.
- Manages off-site storage inventory and defines procedures for historical retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records.
- Responsible for the day-to-day facility operation including maintenance, mailing, supplies, equipment, and corporate accounts.
- Handles the distribution, back-up and tracking of building access keys.
- Addresses and resolves employees’ office facilities issues.
- Negotiates and maintains the corporate cell phone program.
- Participates in special department projects and provides general administrative support, as needed.
To perform this job successfully the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or High School Diploma with 3-5 years office management experience including supply and inventory control management, budget tracking, procedural and process improvement.
- Knowledge of accounting, data and administrative management practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of business and management principles.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of office equipment software packages;
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills.
- Experience being a team player and working under pressure to meet tight deadlines in a highly effective and collegial manner.
- Sound judgment with ability to make timely decisions, exercise discretion and maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Communication skills
- Problem analysis and assessment
- Judgment and problem solving
- Planning and organizing
- Time management
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Teamwork and collaboration
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Excellent ability to read, write and speak English. This position requires no specific language skill other than the English language.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where complex tasks are necessary.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to write or type, use arms to reach for items and turn head to speak and/or hear others. The employee will frequently walk, reach, stoop, push and pull up to 50 lbs. and lift up to 20 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The noise level should remain low to moderate during the normal business hours.
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job within an office setting. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
This position works closely with and under the direction of the Vice President of Systems and Finance. S/he is expected to work in a positive, professional manner with all staff, members and the general public.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
If interested in this position APPLY HERE. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.