If interested in this position APPLY HERE.
Celebrating 100 years of supporting cooperatives that build a better world, the National Cooperative Business Association CLUSA International (NCBA CLUSA) is the apex association for cooperative businesses in the United States and an international development organization. NCBA CLUSA provides cross-sector support, advocacy and international development that helps co-ops thrive. NCBA CLUSA continues to advance and protect cooperative enterprises, highlighting the impact that cooperatives have in bettering the lives of individuals and families. In the last 60 years, NCBA CLUSA has worked in over 85 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America.
NCBA CLUSA is currently seeking qualified Mozambican senior-level experts for upcoming private sector development and business environment reform programs. The positions will be based across the country, and local and international travel will be required.
ESSENTIAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Provides strategic and operational responsibility for the programs.
- Ensures the smooth implementation of program operations and administration, including Human Resources.
- Leads the expansion and execution of program objectives as determined by the client.
- Leads the team across a variety of thematic areas including: Agribusiness Development Services, SME Finance; Rural Finance; Climate Smart Agriculture; and Value Chain development.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s and Masters’ degrees required in economics, agriculture, natural resources management, business, international development, or other related field.
- Minimum 10 years of experience managing complex donor-funded programs (including USAID programs), with a budget of at least $10 million.
- Familiarity with USAID policies and procedures, and other donor requirements.
- Strong leadership and management experience with ability able to capitalize on existing finance and administration, communications, and systems to effectively track progress and evaluate program components to measure success.
- Ability to maintain and support the large teams and build relationships with other NCBA CLUSA programs and clients implementing programs in Mozambique.
- Proficiency in fundraising and communications with the ambition to expand on sources of funding to support existing and potential program operations.
- Experienced strategic planner able to lead the business planning process for program expansion and establish and build the partnerships with funders and the political and community leaders to enable these goals.
- Strong understanding of the operations, challenges, technical and political context of the Mozambique financial system.
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in Portuguese and English.
- Residency or citizenship in Mozambique.
If interested in this position APPLY HERE. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.